background

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Well, I did it...

Well, I did it! I finished GFree Diet by Elisabeth Hasselbeck. It was a good book. I loved the first half. It was full of information about gluten and celiac Disease. I believe much (if not all) of what was written is useful and true.

Hasselbeck did her homework and knows her stuff. She also had doctor co-write with her. I loved that it was an easy read. I think that for people just diagnosed with celiac it's a great first step. The second half of the book was still ok, but only ok. I think what it did a great job of is giving resources. There are a lot of restaurants, foods, websites, beauty products, etc. that are gluten free and friendly. This is huge for someone who has to do a complete 180 in their lifestyle.

What I don't think Hasselbeck did well was throw a bunch of gluten free products at people, almost like product placement. What I think would serve people better would be telling people how to go gluten free by eating things that are naturally gluten free. I'm quite thankful for all the great gluten free products out there because sometimes it is nice, even necessary, to have those products but let's not forget to eat whole foods, just the way God intended!

I’m now onto Eat Fat Lose Fat by Dr. Mary Enig and Sally Fallon. So far so good... and boy does this book make sense!

Well, I did it! I joined a weight loss class. I have mentioned Nutritional Weight and Wellness before which is the company I'm going to for the class. It is basically teaching us about the Weight and Wellness way (like all weight loss places do -- teach their way of doing it) along with a class so I can get accountability. I love it! My teacher Oralee is the greatest!!!

Being a Nutritional Weight and Wellness groupie that I am, I didn’t learn a lot the first night but I’m excited to see what else they have to say as we go along. I go Thursday nights so I’ll post more after the second class. One step in the right direction is that I’m doing the homework. I normally don’t do the homework, because I’m a pill and I just don’t do it. But I have looked forward to doing the work this week. YAY! I love those small successes! However, this success isn’t only a weight loss success it’s a personal success. :)

No comments: