background

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sof'ella

Sof'ella is a "Gourmet Natural Food" company that sells baking mixes. According to their website they have focused on high quality but easy to make mixes. Something a busy family would be proud to bake together. Not too long ago, they added two gluten free mixes to their line. They have an all purpose flour mix and a chocolate cake mix.

I recently purchased their chocolate cake mix after hearing about how good it was on GFree.TV. I was in love! It isn't just good gluten free cake, it's good cake! For $5.10 you only get 12 cupcakes so it's not cheap. But it has a way better flavor than any other cake mix I have had.

I also entered a contest that I learned about through GFree.TV and I WON!!!

I just received the prize a few days ago! This is how it looked. Isn't it pretty!

I opened it to see...

The mix does not come in a very big box but I think it is enough for what I need which is a small sometimes treat.

It was fun that they also included sprinkles and food coloring.



The pan is so cute! I think the whisk is also fun. My 9 year old likes to use it.

And finally, the donuts! They come out to be about the size of a quarter or half dollar! I didn't decorate them as nice and I would have liked but I got lazy. They are baked donuts so they are not like what you would buy at a bakery. I have thought of trying to fry them in coconut oil to see if they get texture closer to fried donuts. None-the-less, they were quite good and a nice little treat.

No comments: