background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Menus

A big thing for me to eating healthy consistently is organization. I think each person has their own thing to being organized. Mine is the menus I have made for our family. I need to have everything at my finger tips because I will not seek things out when I'm hungry I will go to whatever is easiest. For me in the past, that's going out to eat.

Currently, we have 3 weeks worth of menus that we rotate through. I'm hoping to get to 6 or 8. I just don't know if we'll have enough recipes. Along with each menu, I have made a comprehensive shopping list. Before we go grocery shopping we shop the house. I buy some of my organic staples on Amazon.com so I have a lot of that. We also have purchased a 1/4 cow so we don't need to buy beef for awhile.

There are a couple thing I love, like Shepherd's Pie, so we have that weekly but I am really trying to have new things in there each week so we don't get bored.

Other than my youngest son, my family has loved the meals I have planned and it is possible for my 13 and 15 year old to make food for us.

Just for my readers (which I'm not sure I have any of... lol) I will post my menus. Actually, I am also going to make a wiki for my menus and recipes which I will also post on here once I get it done.

Another thing I want to point out is that we are a family of 5. We typically eat every meal at home since we home-school. We end up spending about $2 per person per meal. Not so bad! Especially not for good wholesome food!

So without further ado, here are the three menus (without recipes)...

Week 1:


Week 2:


Week 3:

No comments: