background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Roller Coaster

Ho boy, this journey is not an easy ride.

This week has been difficult. Erik is gone, the kids are fighting, I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for Paris (have I mentioned that I'm going to Paris? Well, I am, next week. CAN. NOT. WAIT!), I am trying to keep my house clean, trying to exercise every day, and the list goes on. I'm sure everyone has these seasons; be it day, week, month, year, life.

First off, let me give a little background so you know where I'm coming from. I think with my life eating foods that are not good for *me* namely gluten and foods that are not good for *anyone*; artificial sweeteners, trans-fats (anything that is partially or totally hydrogenated, soybean oil, etc), high-fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors and colors, I have made my body sick. I now need to heal it. To heal it I need to eat a healthy balanced diet as well as take prescribed supplements.

So this week, I haven't been taking my supplements. I haven't been drinking my water, I haven't been eating all my food, and I haven't been working out like I should. I have been working out and what I have been eating has been mostly healthy but I see myself spiraling back to where I was. Can't happen! I can not go back to my old habits.

On the flip side, I hit my 15 lbs weightloss mark. That's a big deal for me. I have tried everything under the sun to lose weight and this is the only thing that has worked. Now it has worked twice, I'm not going to go back. I have also been able to not drink the caribou!

My roller coaster emotions are that I want to celebrate my successes but I know full well that if I get too cocky about it I will just revert back to my old way of life. I can't do that!

It is a week before I leave for Paris. I think I am going to try to commit to being "perfect" for a week. I can do anything for a week, right? Well, see. I will report back.

No comments: