background

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week 2

Week 2 of Nutrition4Weightloss was GREAT! It was an explanation of the program which I already knew after seeing a nutritionist a few times. However, I learned some new things.

First, I learned that I love avocado with a lot of yummy salsa. Our teacher eats that for a snack before bed. I don't know if I would eat it then but I like to save that for my dessert at this point.

I also learned that non-organic oat meal has bugs and pesticides in it. GROSS!

I also got some more tips on food choices and where to get my foods. We pretty much shop mostly at Trader Joe's and Super Target with little trips to the co-op, Cub and Whole Foods. Groceries are costing us about $250/week. That seems like a lot but it really is only $50 per week per person. We each eat 21 meals each week so it comes out to be a little over $2 per meal. I don't think that is much to feel well and stay healthy.

I learned that Vitacost.com is an inexpensive place to buy discounted but good quality supplements, like Source Natural. I have been using Amazon.com to buy a lot of my organic hard to find products. I have to buy in bulk but I have it now for a long time so it works out pretty slick.

Other links that I have been looking at lately: glutenfreeda.com and gfree.tv. Since I'm gluten free I have also been looking to a lot of websites for recipes. I have mostly just used allrecipes.com.

I stepped on the scale again and I'm getting down lower. I haven't been able to do that forever, like 4-5 years. It is so fun and feels so good!

No comments: